Visitor Services Manager
Location: Wildwood Devon, Escot Park, Ottery St Mary, EX11 1LU
Department: Visitor Services
Function: Manage all Visitor Service functions
Responsible for: Visitor service staff and volunteers
Reporting to: Assistant Park Manager
Hours of work: Five days per week, to include at least one weekend day
We’re looking for a dynamic individual with the drive and creativity to lead our demanding Visitor Services department.
The successful applicant will have a proven background in the management and delivery of a range of customer-facing activities. Experience in customer services delivery and retail sales are essential. Specific experience within the family attractions, zoos and/or other leisure sectors would be highly valued, though not essential.
Day-to-day, the Visitor Services Manager will plan, organise and deliver a range of customer-facing activities including visitor reception/admissions, membership and Gift Aid recruitment and retail sales.
With direct responsibility for visitor reception/admissions, you will be expected to ensure that visitor reception is adequately manned and that staff are properly trained to ensure the highest standards of customer service and maximum revenues in Gift Aid, retail and membership recruitment.
As a departmental management role, it will entail a number of associated responsibilities in HR, health & safety, financial admin and budget management.
The post demands an individual able to demonstrate strategic thinking with good managerial and problem-solving ability capable of meeting and overcoming a broad range of logistical and situational challenges. Excellent leadership and communication skills are therefore a must.
Minimum of two years experience in the following:
- Retail sales and management
- Customer services team management in a leisure/tourist setting
Advantageous Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in the training of others in
- Retail sales
- Customer services
- Experience in retail purchasing
- Health & Safety management
- Events management
- Budget management
Interpersonal skills, essential:
- Highly motivated with a strong commitment to meeting the Charity’s objectives
- Highly adaptable, able to prioritise and operate effectively on own initiative
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to judge, set and work to deadlines
- The ability to identify and solve problems with minimal management oversight
- The ability to communicate appropriately at all levels
- Able to work well as part of a team, establishing constructive and collaborative relationships with colleagues
- Ability to manage and motivate others
- Reflective and able to evaluate your work critically
Please apply in writing, providing a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the position.
Assistant Park Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seasonal Residential School Housekeeper
Wildwood Devon require a part-time housekeeper to join their friendly team throughout the high-season (1st April to 30th September ). You will work independently within the Education Department’s Yurt Village, to provide our residential school visits with healthy, fun meals throughout their stay with us.
Wildwood Devon’s Yurt Village is an outdoor educational and residential facility which offers schools and groups various packages to stay and learn in a natural outdoor environment. It can accommodate up to 56 children and 10 staff and the site has hot showers, flushing toilets and fully equipped kitchen.
The role holder will be required to efficiently carry out all duties to a high standard.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
– Prepare and cook healthy, fun meals; breakfast, lunch and dinner
– Daily cleaning of Yurt Village kitchen area and dining tent. To include wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping floors, ensuring all items are washed up and stored away, preparing shopping lists
– To be aware of, and work within, health & safety regulations and requirements
– To report any damaged or unusable equipment and resolve minor maintenance issues
You may be required to carry out duties not listed above but which will be within your level of skill and ability.
You will need:
· Cooking experience
· A proactive, hard-working attitude
· A thorough eye for detail
· To carry out all tasks safely, efficiently and to a high standard
· To understand and use safe practices of work
· To carry out all tasks independently
· To be an excellent time-keeper to ensure meals are prepared within their designated time-frames
· To be friendly and polite to your colleagues and our visitors
Applications should include a CV and covering letter and be sent to email@example.com