Job Title: Seasonal Outdoor Education Assistant
Start Date – 1st April 2020
Term: Part time, Temporary
Hours: Variable hours – additional weekend and holiday work available
Function: Delivering education programmes
Reporting to: Education Manager
Salary: Minimum Wage
Closing date for application: 14th February 2020
Interviews are to be held on 21st and 28th February 2020.
Why work for us?…
When you join Wildwood Escot you become part of a small but ambitious team of dedicated and passionate people who aspire to continuously develop and expand our park. This in turn contributes to the Trust’s overall aim and mission to protect, conserve and rewild British Wildlife. Everything we do, whichever position you are in, impacts on and contributes to that aim: every employee has an important role to play within Wildwood Escot. We celebrate when things are going well; we pull together with a strong teamwork ethic when the going gets tough. We believe employee development is fundamental to a high performing, happy and engaged workforce, therefore we invest in your training and support. We care about your well-being. We employ people who share our values and vision and this is demonstrated in their commitment to their colleagues and their exemplary customer service provision. You work for us knowing your efforts are making a difference to the lives of native and formerly native British animals and you are helping to conserve and restore Britain’s wild spaces for future generations.
Seasonal Outdoor Education Instructor Position:
The main role of the Seasonal Outdoor Education Assistant is to ensure our school visitors enjoy their time with while receiving high quality educational experiences.
An active position requiring the role holder to join our friendly education team as a seasonal instructor during our busy period, April – October 2020.
Friendly, informative, enthusiastic and proactive engagement with a range of stakeholders including visitors, customers, members, school children and teachers is the main responsibility of the Seasonal Outdoor Education Instructor. As a well-established and highly regarded education establishment, we deliver exceptional educational experiences and programmes that meet the needs of our attending visitors, schools and groups. We aim to reconnect the general public with nature in multiple subjects and produce individual memorable experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Organising and developing session plans
- Delivering our outdoor education programmes
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the village
- Assisting with delivering engaging activities with the public
- Providing exceptional customer service and communication when handling enquiries and engaging with our schools, groups or park visitors in a professional and helpful manner
- Assisting with the schools during term time, when required
- Maintenance and tidying of the department’s facilities
- Public animal talks
- Assisting with the catering for schools on our residential camps when needed
You may be required to carry out duties not listed above but which will be within your level of skill and ability.
Appointment to the above position is subject to successful candidates receiving full clearance from the Disclosure Barring Service and two reference checks.
Please download the job description and person specification for more information about this role from our website.
The successful candidate will attend an induction and full training for the role.
What’s in it for you?…
- You’ll be part of a great team of people who enjoy what they do and who have a lot of fun.
- You’ll be part of an amazing organisation which is striving to improve British animals’ lives and futures.
- You’ll be working in a beautiful setting in the middle of Devon’s countryside.
- You and your immediate family have free entry to our Wildwood sites.
- You’ll receive staff discount in the café and shop.
- Free onsite parking.
To find out more about us and the role…
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to
Ottery St Mary
Devon, EX11 1LU